Plzen (Pilsen) isn't just the home of the beer that bears its name. It is also a fascinating city, something that is clear from the fact that it is the 2015 European Capital of Culture. Plzen is easily accessible from Prague (1.5 hrs journey). Sitting on a major road to Germany, Plzen can be combined with a stay in Regensburg (2.5 hrs) or Nuremburg (3 hrs).
Some Interesting Sights in Plzen
- Breweries - in addition to Pilsner Urquell Brewery you can also visit the Brewery Museum, a number of microbreweries and even a beer spa!
- Take a tour of the labyrinth of tunnels which lie under the city.
- Republic Square - the city's historic centre and the location for markets, festivals and other events.
- St Bartholomew's Cathedral dominates the square and the city.
- Plzen Zoo and Dinopark, a puppet museum and a museum of ghosts and fairytales will appeal to youngsters.
Holidays We Offer That Include Plzen (Pilsen)
April - October
Plzen Plus Regensburg
A holiday in two stunning cities - one in the Czech Republic and one in Germany.
Regensburg is a UNESCO-listed world heritage site on the River Danube. We can also arrange a boat ride on the Danube from Regensburg as part of your holiday.
Email us on email@example.com to find out more.